We hope you and your sweetheart had a happy Valentine's Day! We didn't to a whole lot of anything, but relax this weekend. It was a nice one though! I got some BEAUTIFUL flowers from the hubs and we cooked dinner together and that was our Valentine's Day...simple and sweet!
I just got back from the dr. I met with my high risk dr. last week and then followed up with my regular dr. today. This pregnancy stuff sure can be a roller coaster, I tell you! We actually got some good news though!!! The high risk dr. used a very high powered ultrasound machine and even had to physically move the baby...that scared the tar out of me when he told me what he was going to do, by the way! It was really no big deal though! They found that my placenta has moved...thank God!!! The vein that was so very dangerous is not over or even near my cervix right now either....whew! Both dr.'s agreed that I shouldn't have to have a c-section or early delivery now...again, thank God! I will still go back for close monitoring to make sure that nothing shifts around or moves, but they feel like at this point things should be safe where they are. My dr. even lifted my restrictions today!!! I can now go on walks, and do "normal" activities for the most part (carefully)...yippee! As for that darn gestational diabetes, well, I'm managing that with diet and so far my numbers have stayed pretty low, so that's another good thing! (I will confess though, I have had to "steal" a Thin Mint or two here and there...I'm just not that strong, I tell you! ) Hopefully they'll stay low. I will continue to see the high risk dr. to monitor that and little C's growth, they will also do regular sonograms to monitor the placentas and make sure that everything stays clear there also. Thank you all for your sweet emails, cards, thoughts and prayers, they really helped! We are so very thankful for this much better news! (Keep your fingers crossed that everything continues to look up!) Have a great week everyone! |
Monday, February 15, 2010
Oh happy day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Great news Em!! We'll keep prayin!
Post a Comment