Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Cedar, Cedar, Go AWAY!!!

Well, it is cedar season here and boy am I feeling it! I hate this time of the year! Thankfully, I really don't have any other allergies to gripe about, I just have to stick out the stuffy nose, sneezing and watery/itchy eyes etc. out for about the next month! Fun stuff!

Today has just been one of those day where I am just annoyed! We learned today at school that from now on, when a child gets head lice, we have to keep them in our rooms!!! Tell me that is not nuts! Yes, that is right, we're supposed to send them to the nurse to get their hair cleaned out and washed (poor nurse for having to do that fun job!) and then back to our rooms they go! I am kind of panicking now because, I've had the outbreak of all outbreaks in my room this year...now they get to stay in my room!!!! Do these "bright" people up at the higher levels not realize that once a child has them, they are highly contagious and their house also must be treated?? So, we'll get rid of them for the moment at school, they'll go home, get them again and share some more the following day at school! Oh my gosh! I am praying that I don't get it, just hearing that news today made me itchy all over!!!!

Other than that, things here seem to be going well! We hope that all is well with you and your family!

No comments: