I have friends from time to time ask me for some of the recipes that I make regularly...usually what they see me eating for leftovers at lunch! Today I was asked for this recipe, so I thought I might start posting a recipe here and there, every so often...so here we go! This is my mom's recipe, she used to make these for use when we were little! (She is the BEST cook, the things that the bakes/cooks are always so yummy!!!!) These are yummy for a quick breakfast or a snack!
Wholegrain Jam Squares:
2 cups uncooked quick oats (oatmeal)
1 3/4 cups flour
1 Cup butter or margarine
1 Cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 Cup jam (I like strawberry, but you can use any kind. I also just use a whole small sized jar.)
Combine all ingredients except the jam in a large bowl. Beat at low speed until mixture is crumbly.
Reserve 2 cups of the mixture and press the remaining onto the bottom of a greased 13x9 pan. Spread jam evenly onto the base. Sprinkle with reserved mixture.
Bake in a preheated 400 oven for 25-30 minutes or until just golden brown.
Cool then cut into squares and enjoy! :-)
Friday, February 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment