One of the people who I most admire is my great-grandmother. She was a wonderful cook and when we were little, I can still remember going to my grandparents house, going to church on Sunday mornings and then coming home to a house filled with the yummy smell of "Yellow Bowl" in the oven. That's what my mom always called it growing up because my great grandma used to make it in a large yellow bowl. I thought I'd try making it my self, so I called up mom to see what exactly was in the stuff we called yellow bowl. Here is the recipe!
1-2 pounds of tenderized round steak
flour
salt/pepper
2 cans V8 juice
baby carrots
potatoes
Cut the round steak in to small pieces, coat in a mixture of flour, salt and pepper and pound. Brown in a little bit of veggie oil and then place in a good sized casserole dish that has been greased.
Add some baby carrots and pour the V8 juice on top. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Take out of oven and add potatoes, cover and bake about 1 more hour.



No comments:
Post a Comment