Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Enchilada Casserole

I haven't shared a recipe lately, so I thought I'd share what I made this past Friday night...enchilada casserole...mmm
1 1/2 pounds ground meat, browned
1 small onion chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup (mushrooms are one of the very few things that we don't like, so I just use 2 cans of cream of chicken instead,)
8 oz. sour cream
10 oz. can of enchilada sauce
1-2 Tbsp. of chili powder
corn tortillas
grated cheddar cheese
Preheat your oven to 350 and lightly grease a 13x9 pan.
Brown the ground meat with the onion and drain off the fat.
In a bowl, combine the soups, sour cream, enchilada sauce and chili powder. Add the ground meat and stir.
In the pan, place a few corn tortillas, torn and slightly overlapping. Spread a thin layer of the soup and meat mixture. Put another layer of corn tortillas on top and repeat, ending with the soup mixture on top. Top with grated cheddar cheese and bake for about 40 minutes. Allow to stand for about 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jonathan John said...

Em-I made this last night, de-licious! Muy bien! Keep um coming! I still have all of next week to cook for. -The Kelly John