I took last Friday off for our traditional day to shop at the Nutcracker Market in Houston....ahhhh so much fun and so nice to just have a day off to play! I went with my mom, one of her friends and my good friend Amy and her mom. We shopped until we could literally hardly walk anymore! That day ended with dinner at the Cheesecake Factory....oh yumm!!!!
We spent the rest of the weekend doing what else...shopping some more! I finally broke down and decided it was time to hit up a maternity shop for some clothes that might actually fit! Some of my stuff still fits, but most of my pants just don't seem to want to zip all the way up these days! Sunday, my mom and I went back to the Nutcracker Market for round two of some more shopping there. I was able to get a few Christmas gifts out of the way...yea!!!!
Kids say the funniest things.....
I sent a note home on Thursday to share our baby news with my kids' families, I also told my class that day and boy have I gotten some comments now that this baby news has had time to sink into their sweet little heads!
On the way out to recess today, a little girl comes to me and says : "Mrs. B, I think I believe you now..." I say, believe me for what? "Well, you know I know now that you are really having a baby because your tummy is starting to look fat!" ...followed by a giggle by her!
Then, after school...I have a VERY sweet mom who does copies and projects for me each week. Her son looks at me with her standing there and says "Yup, you're getting fat, I think you're going to have to go on a diet now." His mom then very sweetly told him that women are supposed to gain weight when they are pregnant because it's healthy for the baby...he then follows with "well, I guess you're going to have a whole lot of weight to loose when it decides to come out! " Gee, thanks, I needed a seven year old to remind me of that part of it!!!
We'll see what tomorrow and the next five months brings now! If they think I'm getting "fat" now, oh boy will I be in trouble! ...Have a great week!
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Emily, there is no way you could ever be considered "fat"!! I'm sure you look absolutely adorable! :) I'm glad you had a great shopping weekend - any shopping excursion that includes a meal at Cheesecake Factory is the BEST!!
Post a Comment