Thursday, August 13, 2009

Show Us Your Life: Riviera Maya

It's that time again! Kelly is doing "Favorite Vacation Spots" this week for Show Us Your Life! We are not exactly world travelers, but we've done the Vegas and a road trip here and there thing. We prefer anything tropical when it comes to vacationing. Our FAVORITE vacation spot by far is still the Riviera Maya, Mexico. We went for our honeymoon and have been ready to go back since we left! We stayed at the El Dorado Royale and LOVED everything about it...the food, the views the entertainment....ahhhhh, I'm ready to get on a plane!

We loved the grounds at the resort!

The beach is beautiful...the water is crystal clear....


Now, if you visit my blog, you know how much I LOVE food! I love to bake, cook, eat...yup, the food there was fabulous! We ordered these nachos every night we were there! We loved them that much!

This was my favorite lunch while we were there...grilled beef tenderloin pita....YUMMO!



Other than snorkeling, we also went on another excursion this is a giant cenote, which is basically a HUGE sink hole! It was beautiful! Those are roots that you see hanging down from above! It really was breath-taking, the walk down to it, so neat!

After visiting the cenote, we went to Chichen-itza, one of the Mayan Ruin sites. It was really amazing too. This pyramid was used as a calendar, each of the steps on the four sides plus a platform total 365!
This is just one of our favorite pictures that I had to include! :-) Thanks for stopping by! We highly recommend the El Dorado!

4 comments:

Leah said...

We went to Riviera Maya on our honeymoon to and we LOVE it. I can't wait to go back!

Kubin's said...

We went to the same place for our honeymoon!! I loved it. I can not wait to go back.

Christie
TX

Christa said...

I love beach vacations too! Your pictures are beautiful!

Hayley said...

Oh wow, it is incredible! Lucky girl!