Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Welcome to my Class!

Whew...we made it through day 2 of school! Yesterday was our first day of school...yea...and boy was I tired when I got home!! I was really ready to get back into a routine. Since this is the first week of school, I thought I'd show you where I spend my days! So...Welcome to my classroom (2nd grade)!


This is my carpet area/classroom library/calendar area! ....we spend lots of time on that bright carpet!

Just a view from the back corner!


These are the charts I use for my stations for our guided reading block...I LOVE these charts! (I've had them for 8 years now...made them my first year of teaching!)

Love this too...my word wall (The letters of the alphabet are on each of the colored stars.) I write right on the cabinets with dry erase markers and it comes right off with a Clorox wipe!!! Love it! The yellow stars are our sticker charts!

Part of my computer area....

Our work wall!

These came STRAIT from "George and Clay Walker"...AKA my mom! She is so sweet and sends me flowers every year on the first day of school!!!! Thanks mom, they made my day!
I am now off to make an enchilada casserole for dinner...mmmmmm....Have a good rest of the week!

2 comments:

Christa said...

Your classroom is too cute! Love the carpet/calendar area! Hmm...enchilada's sounds good!

Whimsy Cookie Co. said...

Your classroom is just adorable!! Thanks for sharing..its so fun to see!! And your Mom sending you the beautiful flowers..that is just so sweet!! Have a great day!
Laurie