We took a little road trip this weekend to Louisiana. C's FAVORITE aunt and uncle have a lake house, so we took an 8 hour road trip to go and visit!

Are we there yet?????....almost!!!! It was such a pretty drive on the way up to the lake!

We're here!!!!!!

Their house is so neat! It has several different decks and the house itself is nestled in with the trees!

That's the boat house where we got to stay! It's decorated like something you'd see on HGTV, so neat!

We took a boat ride shortly after we arrived! This is C's cousin's family...aren't they a cute family?!

Our Captain...aka, the favorite Uncle Ted!

The family on the boat!


C with his grandma...she's so cute!!!! I LOVE their upper deck furniture!


C's mom and dad

C's favorite aunt, Aunt Cindy...aka my snort sister...yes, we both are snorters when we laugh, Marissa and Grandma!

I just love this guy!

You be easy on my husband Uncle Ted!!!!

After MUCH convincing and a pinkie promise with Uncle Ted, I agreed to try the tube with my sister in law, Candice! I'm a chicken people!

The pinkie promise was kept the first time and then I was eventually convinced to try it by myself and oh my, that's all I am going to say!!!!

Justin and C

That night we went to
The Myrtles Plantation (click to read the story of this plantation), it's on America's top 10 most haunted houses list!!! CREEPY!!!! (see the orb just below the sign on the lower left?) It's been on the History Channel and on the Travel Channel. It was built in 1796 and is said to be very haunted by several different people and after our experience, I totally believe it!!!!
Side view of the house....

Sittin' on the back porch....
This is the only spot inside of the house that you are allowed to take pictures. Images are in these pictures friends, do you see them???? Look above that flash? Do you see the bonnet and the face?
Can you see the face??? It's there, for real!
On my camera, in this picture, you can see the figure of a woman looking out the door!!!! (She is on the right side of the door, just above the lock and the door knob, it's very hard to see on here, but yoiu can see an orb right below her on the door.) When the photo is enlarged, you can see it a little better. I can't wait to print these pictures!

The girls(another orb can be seen above us in the window)...inside this room, something stepped on my foot and it was not a "real" person, I totally freaked out! (no one was standing in front of me or next to me either!)...I sure did get laughed at though when I yelped!
Great, I know you people are going to think I've lost my marbles now!!!!

The front of the house at night.
We had such a good time and it was a nice little get away for us. I'm totally ready to go back, I would LOVE to go to Mississippi and tour some of the really big plantation homes, those just fascinate me!!!! Thanks Aunt Cindy and Uncle Ted for having us!!!!!
1 comment:
Thats so scary!!! AHHHHHH!!!!! I guess yall had fun in Louisiana. The boat looked fun and I would have loved to see you on a toob. And there is someone else in the world who snorts. UNBELIEVEABLE!!!
Post a Comment